Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hide and Seek

This morning I went up o retrieve Ryan's "Humber" that somehow got stuck between the back of Zach's dresser and the wall. This toy car is one of Ryan's new favorite toys, so When I brought it to the living room, where I left Ryan, I thought some fanfare was in order. Coming down the stairs I announced in a somewhat sing-songy voice, "Ry-an, I have something for you." I expected him to come running from downstairs or the kitchen. Instead as I reached the bottom of the stairs(and coincidently the end of my sentence) Ryan popped up from inside the giant suitcase I had been working on unpacking. The suitcase was about 3 feet from where I was standing and he had been completely concealed inside, so it was certainly a surprise. I spent the next couple minutes laughing at myself and him. He told me he was playing hide and seek. I thought he had had a breakthrough because usually he tells you where he is going to hide. I explained to him that the most important part of hide and seek is that the people who you want to play with know you are playing. He said, "Okay. You count, I'm going to hide in here." ::sigh:: I guess I was wrong about that breakthrough.

1 comment:

Joan S. said...

LOL! I love that boy - he makes me laugh! "You count, I'll hide in here." Hee.