Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It was Inevitable

This post is a while in coming. Lily now wants to be fully involved with her spoon feeding. Oh yea. Doesn't she look pleased with herself?
Check out the mess highlighted below. Notice the hair, the freshly cleaned high chair and that tray. Our general routine at this point is to start with two spoons. I get food on one and head toward her mouth she grabs on as soon as the spoon is within range and I help her guide it into her mouth. She will hold that spoon for dear life until I load and position the next one. At that point she drops the first one or she is distracted enough by the new spoon full of yumminess that I am able to coax it out of her kung foo grip. This is then repeated until all the food is gone. In order to get the spoon from the last bite I call in reinforcement finger foods. I strategically drop cheerios or puffs in the least messy place while I wipe her face hands and tray. She gets annoyed, but is then distracted by the second barrage of cheerios/puffs. I still usually end up with a shirt that should be changed(if I'm not going somewhere I usually just wear the food all day-sad, I know). After all that I try to eat some of my own food. Maybe I should come up with a better system.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Lily is so cute!!! Gracie is in love with her spoon. Meal time is a challenge.

I like your highchair!

Erin said...

How cute is that! Messy, but cute. She looks just like Ryan in that last picture.