My mom gave Ryan these bath color tabs. They have proved to be helpful, educational and fun. The first time we used them he was in a grumpy mood after having wet his bed during a nap. I was trying to convince Ryan it was a good idea to take a bath because believe you me if you put him in the tub when he doesn't want to get in it is not a good situation. Someone is likely to get hurt from him dropping or wiggling all around. My mom came to the rescue with the color tabs. I opened the lid expecting one big tab of each color. I was pleasantly surprised to see lots of little tabs in the and the directions saying use one or two. I tossed in a blue one and asked if he would like to take a blue bath. His teary eyes turned quizzical as he peered over the edge of the tub and nodded "yes." As he got in his whole face lit up. He had a great time splashing around in the blue water. He wanted to me to add another tab, so I asked what color he wanted. He picked yellow and the education began. "What do you think will happen if I put a yellow tab in the blue water?" Since the tabs come in all three primary colors we have been having lots of fun discovering what colors we can make by mixing the different colors we have. Somehow the magic of the colored water doesn't wear off as his bath wears on. He has lots of fun splashing around in his cool water until I tell him it's time to get out. So thanks to my mom who has provided hours of fun with one little jar of color.
On a side note I just have to share this conversation we had when Ryan was picking up the tablets.
Me, "Don't pick it up or it might dye your fingers blue."
Ryan, dropping the tablet, looks at me with wide eyes and says, "If I touch it my fingers will die?!"
I won't bore you with the details, but I tried to explain the difference between die and dye. I don't think I had much success. He still looked very worried.
I summed up with "What I mean is it will turn your fingers blue, but they will be just fine. It would wear off after a while even if they do turn blue. You don't have to worry."
Incidentally, when he put his hands in the water the dye came off and his fingers were back to normal.



3 comments:
Awww! Poor baby! "my fingers will die?" That's just so sad...
I am glad that the color tabs have been a useful tool in getting Ryan into the tub. And he's learning the color palette, too! Way cool.
hahaha
I love it.
Anything new going on since 1/10? We miss your posts!
Post a Comment