In short YES. Tons of stuff is going on and that's part of the reason I have not had time to write.
-I still haven't even gotten all my Christmas stuff down, but I have started.
-Jay and Zach finished their car for the Pinewood Derby. Which meant lots of time in the basement and I spent lots of extra time with a baby and a toddler.
-Ryan had a friend come over to play last week. His first girl /boy play date. It was interesting. First he wanted to play cars...his friend? Not so much. Then trains...the girl? Again, not so much. I suggested a game. They settled on Cranium Cariboo. That went well for one round. Then Ryan was done, his friend? Not so much. She played by herself for a long time and he played with his trains. They finally came together again to play cooks in the kitchen. They didn't play together the whole time, but at least they didn't fight, right? Well okay just once because they both wanted to mix in the same bowl. I just got another bowl and it was all better. I think Ryan might have a lot to learn about entertaining the opposite sex. I'm not all together unhappy about that ;-) His friend has a little brother that is not too many months older than Lily, so this may be a good family for us to get to know :-)
-I got to go shopping all. by. MYSELF! I got two coats instead of just one. I really like them even though the heavy one is very similar to the one I have now.
-Ryan and I both got hair cuts. I saw another little girl that was older than Ryan having a fit about her hair cut. It really made me appreciate how good Ryan is for hair cuts. That's one good thing about having baldy babies...they don't need early hair cuts that can be scary since they don't know what's going on. Ryan has seen my friend Sheri for every haircut. He loves her. He even asks to go see her sometimes to get his hair cut.
-Lily has had a cold, so she has been a little extra clingy.
-Lily is also a full fledged bi-ped. She has not crawled one lick for weeks.
-I put a desk together and Jay built the hutch for the top. We love the way it looks.
-I have decided to redecorate my house from top to bottom.
-Jay's brother Ben came to visit for a couple days. They took Ryan to Port Discovery Saturday, but Lily and I stayed home since she was sick.
-We had dinner with Jay's parents and Ben on Monday.
-Our regular schedule has kicked back in since the winter break, so I watched the kids at church for Bible study and we went to gymnastics.
Somehow that doesn't seem like a lot for a whole week, but the Derby car and Lily being sick really took a lot of time. So, I'm still here, but I really need to get some cleaning done while Lily naps, so I'm leaving now.



4 comments:
Whew! That IS a lot going on...I feel better now.
Where did you put the new desk?
Where the other one was.
Glad to see you back! I missed you :)
Post a Comment