I picked out this ball popper toy for Lily because I remembered how much fun Ryan had with it at a friend's house when he was younger. She seemed to like it though I think her brothers like it more at this point. She had tons of fun clapping the balls together though. It was pretty funny watching all three of them go crazy with the balls flying everywhere, but after a while it got old. Lily thought so too. She walked away and left Zach and Ryan playing with it. I have discovered that this toy is fantastic for changing time. I just have Ryan play with it while Lily watches from the floor. It is such a different experience from the floor that she is mesmerized.
Unfortunately for Zach he didn't actually get to use his new computer games last night because I have the kids computer disconnected to transfer it to our old desk. He picked a Sponge Bob game and a Scooby Doo game. To me they are just 2 more games in his collection, to him they are a great new adventure. He is his father's son.
I will leave you with some photography by Ryan...
This is me coming down the stairs this morning. Like I said, first thing this morning. I wish I could say this is the worst picture of me ever...
Action shot.

This is a close up of our welcome mat completing Ryan's repertoire with artsy.



6 comments:
What a good idea for spending part of a school holiday. I'll bet the kids had a great time. I loved Ryan's photos -- they reminded me of the disposable camera we gave Zach for the wedding, and his pictures of the steps, his foot, and Sarah. I hope you are still having fun today!
Shopping fun - I wish MY mom had bought me a camera when I was 3! What fun!
I didn't buy it. HE bought it with his own money. Each of the kids got to spend their own money. Zach actually decided to save some of his.
Whoa! Zach? Really? Good for him! Has he gotten to play the new games, yet? Is Lily's ball toy still fun for the boys? Is Ryan still taking pictures? I hope you are all having lots of fun.
Emily still plays with her ball popper. Good choice!
We have the same ball popper (we got it for $5 along with another toy!) and it continues to be a hit with ALL kids that come over. From babies to 9-year-olds, it is a fave!
Sounds like a successful shopping trip all around!
Post a Comment