-I'm done all my Christmas shopping! (well, I do have to buy the secret wrapping paper for the kid's gifts and some ribbon, but that doesn't count)
-Lily is very into imaginary play. She likes to take care of Ryan's Caillou doll. She rubs his back to put him to sleep, gives him drinks and "yummies" and carries him around. This is a fairly new development and it's so fun to watch.
-Ryan seems to have turned a corner. He is not disobeying and whining for no reason so much anymore.
-Lily is in her own room now and everyone seems to be sleeping better.
-I got twin sized sheets and a comforter to try to get Ryan to agree to a new bed. I think he is slowly coming around, but he has had a lot of change lately and he doesn't seem to like it very much.
-Ryan had early preschool the other day because the elementary school closed early. Lily and I had the best time. It was so fun to have one on one time with her. She is usually napping or cranky because she won't nap when Ryan is at school. Since he went in the morning that day she was bright and cheerful. We played ball, grocery store and cooked in the play kitchen. Then we sat down to a pretend meal with tea. She is so fun!
-Last weekend we had Cookie Day. Ryan decorated his trays all by himself this year. In typical little kid style he covered his multicolored, patchwork cookies with mounds of sprinkles and/or jimmies. Lily got her first taste of decorating. It didn't last too long because she spilled blue food coloring all over herself and me. It did all come out thankfully and she'll be a better decorator next year. That's how it works- you get better and better every year.
-It snowed in early December so I was able to get a picture for our Christmas card while the kids were sledding. I love it when I can get snowy pictures for our Christmas cards.
-I had the worst case of PMS this month. I rue the days I thought people were putting on about PMS using it as an excuse. I find it terribly annoying that it is a real thing and I can't stand that I don't have ANY control over it. What annoys me most about it though is the way guys throw that word around whenever a girl is in a bad mood. Anyway, I'm better now and I feel very silly about the whole deal.
-I am excited for Christmas and it seems so far away. That is until I start thinking of all the stuff I have to do first and then it seems much too close.
-We had a crazy lesson about fire and candles this weekend when our Advent wreath caught fire. We are still not sure what happened, but the whole side of one of the candles is gone and the greenery below it was ablaze until I blew it out. Now I have to go out and find a purple candle before Sunday. Do you know how hard it is to find purple candles?! And if you are luck enough to find purple candles they don't have the same kind in pink. I was so excited to find Advent Candle packs a few years ago I bought multiple packs. This was the last set I had. I should have known something was wrong when I realized one of the purples was not the same color as the others.



3 comments:
~Congratulations on finishing your Christmas shopping early! I am almost done, but not quite.
~Awww. She sounds like a good little mommy.
~Yay! I hope Ryan continues to be his happy little self instead of that unhappy podperson who came to visit.
~Does Lily like her own space?
~I think getting his own sheets and comforter is a good way to ease the transition. Do the sheets have Cars on them? I know he likes that.
~That does sound like a fun morning. I'll bet Lily liked it, too.
~No Cookie Day pictures? C'mom!
~I LOVED that photo on your Christmas card, especially the look on Lily's face! She was having so much fun! Ryan's tongue indicated he was having fun, too...
~I can't believe it is only a week away! And we hit the road sooner than that!
~The advent wreath fire sounds scary. I actually have an unused set that I will bring with me (if I can find it).
Merry Christmas!
Mom-
Lily does seem to like her room. She does ask for Ryan every night though. And when she goes in there during the day it's usually with Ryan.
Of course Ryan's new sheets are Cars!
I have not even uploaded the pictures from Cookie Day to my computer. I've been a little busy.
Well I understand busy. You may have noticed I haven't posted much, mailed all my Christmas cards, or finushed *my* shopping...
Post a Comment