What is going on in my house?!
I admit it...We buy juice boxes, but they are strictly for "on the go" use. I care about the environment, but it takes long enough to get my brood out the door. Add the time it takes to pour individual drinks in non-disposable cups and well it's just too much. Occasionally one of my children will beg me for a juice box to drink at home. I don't get it, what is the draw of juice from a box as opposed to a cup? The answer is always no. Today was Lily's turn to try the old ritual. She brought me a juice box from the brand new set I just bought. I took it and told her she couldn't have a juice box, but I would get her another drink in a cup and continued what I was doing thinking she'd just have to wait a minute until I could get her a drink. I guess I was mistaken because Little Miss Independent just went and got herself another juice box, put in the straw and was drinking it by the next time I saw her. Little Dickens! I didn't know she could do that. At the exact time I am resigning myself to the fact that we have wasted a juice box I hear Ryan downstairs obviously very upset at his missing bongs! Apparently my parenting style has become a little too Laissez-faire!



5 comments:
I feel stupid asking, but what is a 'missing bong'?
ROFL!!!!! My goodness, what goes ON at your house? ;)
Honestly I have no idea what he was really talking about, but I think it was the sound [bong] like a grandfather clock. He was playing some pretend game.
See, I am so 'out of it' that I didn't even connect the word 'bong' with anything illegal or inappropriate to a four-year-old....durrr!
We do juice boxes, too, for on the go. And Avery will sneak one out of the fridge every now and then when I'm putting groceries away. She can't quite get the plastic wrapper off the straw, though. But if it's torn she can rip it off and have the straw in there before I can blink! I feel your pain. These two-year-olds are a sneaky bunch!
Post a Comment