Dear Bagger at the local grocery store,
When someone spends a dollar each on cloth bags it might be a clue that they are environmentally conscious. It is almost certainly an indication that they want you to use them, especially if they send them down the conveyor first. The fact that you asked if I wanted you to bag in them is fine. The fact that you only filled them half full and then proceeded to use an inordinate number of blue plastic bags is not fine. I thought when you asked me if it was okay to put 2 milks in one bag that you got it, but when you double bag the two milks what is the point really. While I grant you that the cashier's suggestion that you double bag something that heavy was probably wise, if you are going to use two bags just put one in each- two milks in one bag is kind of heavy. Before I even left the store I removed the bagels from the bag with two loaves of bread because well, I don't like my bread squished. Lucky for me there was lots of room right on top in my new eco-friendly bags. I was struck by the irony of your bagging practices when I got home and discovered a bag with one package of Oreos. Another bag had just one bottle of juice- this I can understand depending on when else there is to bag. Still another bag had two boxes of snacks, this one would have easily fit the Oreos. About 10 yogurts were spread between 3 bags, all containing something else, but none close to full. In short, I think you need some bagging lessons.
Sincerely,
Jen- a customer who cares about the environment, but still would like to get my groceries home in good condition.



3 comments:
im sorry but i work at walmart and the bags are so hard to use, your trying to them bagged properly but you have to hold the bag with 1 hand and if the stuff on the conveyer belt isnt organized its hard to get the cold stuff with the cold its a very stressful job
I send it down the conveyor organized. Cold stuff together, box stuff together, cans together, bread and other crushables last.
you are one of the good ones i love customers like you
Post a Comment