I love daffodils. With Lily's birthday being in March they are even more special to me. I love that they add a bright pop to spring. I also love that they come back every year so I don't have to buy and plant them every year. So this year I decided to add some to my back yard garden seeing as how I'm trying to make it a nice place to spend time and all. So we picked up some bulbs this spring when we were at the hardware store. I planted them right in the front of the garden so they could spread their spring joy and by the time the other flowers bloomed they would be able to yield to them. By the time summer started they still hadn't bloomed. I figured I just planted them too late in the season and they would bloom next year. They kept growing...and growing. There were these beautiful broad leaves. I figured that's what happens when they don't get a chance to bloom. Then Mid-July they bloomed. So how do you like my daffodils?

That's no daffodil you say? Yeah, I figured that out. Just too late to do anything about the nearly 4 foot plant smack dab in the FRONT of my garden. See that little bitty Gerbra Daisy behind it? So sad:-(

I guess I'll be digging them up after the season and moving them to the back of the garden. Next year I think I'll get my Daffodil bulbs somewhere else.
2 comments:
Well, they may not be daffodils but they are lovely. Those are canna lilies--I had red ones and yellow ones at the house in SC. If you deadhead them, they bloom a really long time. I love the color in yours.
They are beautiful!!! I do feel sad for the daisy, though...
Post a Comment