Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

update?

Why am I so bad at keeping my blog up to date? Maybe it's because I have too many blogs. Maybe it's because I don't have anything to say. Maybe it's because I don't make the time. Maybe it's because I spend too much time on the computer already. Maybe it's because Facebook requires less thought. Maybe. Yep, that's it- all of that.

We've had a good summer. The kids have been great at entertaining themselves when we're home and we've had enough stuff to do outside the house to keep a nice balance. It's a nice balance for me anyway. I like to keep the scales tipped a little more toward being home than some people. I like our house. It's comfortable. On a side note, our neighbors had a baby boy last week. His name is Ryan :-)
 
I'm really enjoying the summer pace. The kids sleep in, I sleep in. We go places if we want to, we stay home if we want to. It's good. I really liked our vacation a couple weeks ago when Jay got to join in our summer days. I really like that the vacation house was on the bay situated in such a way that I could get sunset silhouettes near the water. The kids really enjoyed the pool at the house. Ryan's swimming lessons really paid off. He was all over the pool. He's really excited to start camp next week. I suppose it's time for some structure to re-enter our lives. Luckily camp doesn't start until 10, so we still get to sleep in. I may end up having to wake Lily up though as she is still asleep right now and it's about the time we'd have to leave.
I'm really excited for Ryan. I think he's going to really enjoy camp.

Let's see, what else has been going on? We've made some decisions and our fall plans are not so up in the air anymore. That means I get to keep doing some activities at church that I wasn't sure about at the beginning of summer. That brings a lot of peace of mind.

I've had just about the right number of photography clients. Enough to keep me busy and bring in a bit of spending money, but not so many that I'm feeling like I've shorted my kids.

My garden is doing fairly well. I think I over planted it though. Next time I might just have to plant the vine plants in a different spot with a bigger, sturdier trellis.

I probably should have bulleted this post, but I wasn't really planning it that way. It just sort of happened. Consider it stream of consciousness.

No comments: