Sunday, December 05, 2010
Letter to Santa
Lily decided that she wanted to write a letter to Santa. [She's asking to put cookies out for Santa, too. I think she's getting these ideas from preschool because it's not something we talk about here. It's okay though when she asks we will tell her the truth just like we did with Ryan.] I was cooking dinner when she asked me to help her, so I asked Ryan if he would help her. He was sweet and helped his sister. He even helped her find an envelope and fold the paper so it would fit inside. She wanted to send her letter so badly. She wasn't sure how it would work...she had some Winnie the Pooh type ideas about the letter being carried to Santa by the wind. I convinced her that we should mail it and let the mailman take it. We missed the mailman the first day. I just didn't have the heart to keep putting her off, so I let her put it in the mailbox this morning before church. She was so excited she skipped to the mailbox giggling all the way. Quite possibly the cutest thing I've seen in months. She had a sparkly pink Santa hat on when she did it which just added to the cuteness. Such sweet memories! I love that girl!



1 comment:
You paint a really sweet picture. I love the sparkly pink Santa hat!
Post a Comment