The other day at my mom's house Lily asked for some "walkie talkies." After a few puzzled looks, words to the effect of "I have no idea what you are talking about" and a very frustrated sigh from Lily she finally said, "I'll show you." She held my hand and guided me upstairs and pointed to the hutch in the living room. "The walkie talkies are gone!" Luckily my mom had followed us upstairs and recognized the spot Lily was pointing to was the place she usually keeps a bowl of Werther's Original candies. My mom extrapolated that because she calls the candies toffees and Lily must have heard talkies (the way my mom says toffee does sound quite a bit like talkie) and the first letter on the bag started with a W Lily must think the candies are called Walkie Talkies. So now we all call them Walkie Talkies;-)
Bonus story:
I heard Jay telling stories in a pirate voice. When I went to say goodnight to Lily as soon as she saw me she said, "Arrrrrg me parties!" So funny! Then when I said prayers with her she told me she had one for me and motioned for me to lean over so she could whisper it in my ear. She whispered, "Say thank you to God that Lily said, 'Arg me parties!' 'cause that makes me laugh and laugh and laugh." I love that girl :-D



1 comment:
"Arrrrrg me parties"
My new favorite saying.
That girl makes me laugh, too!
Post a Comment