Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 04, 2019

Sneak peek

I sent this picture to Lily this morning.

While she was away at camp my mom came over and we painted Lily's room. She picked the color last year when we were painting Ethan's room. I am pretty sure she will like the color, but I wanted to do a whole room make over. I'm thinking of it as her birthday present, a teenage room for a new teenager. All she wanted back in March was a book, a preorder book due in September at that. Lily is not a big fan of change, so I've gone back on forth on pulling the trigger. I've kind of felt her out for what she likes furniture-wise, but when we were at the store yesterday Jay and I both second guessed the color selection. He came up with a great idea though. It's all Ikea furniture, so we bought what I wanted to put in there in white (like she and I discussed), but we won't put it together. That way if she freaks out and wants it back the way it was we can just put things back the way they were. If she likes the white we have it and can put it together right away. And we have pictures of the same furniture in gray (which Jay and I both like best), so if she likes that we can exchange all the white furniture for gray. Problem solved. New problem...I forgot to get the shelf for her trophies. It was one of those ask the associate pieces and I totally forgot. Ugh. It will all come together in the end. This way she gets some say as well. I'm excited for her to see it on Saturday.

No comments: