Friday, January 16, 2009
Ladies' Man
When I unpacked Ryan's backpack today I found a little heart jewel. So I asked him about it. Apparently it came from a little girl in his class from when he was out sick, because she loves him. I asked him, "Why do you say that?" He said because she told him. Did I mention this is neither the little girl who I saw say she loves him, nor the girl he wrote his note about. So I asked him how many girls have told him they love him and together we came up with three(he didn't remember the girl I saw saying it to him, but I know she did since I SAW IT). The one he wrote the note for apparently told him she loves him and his note was to return the sentiment. He hasn't given it to her yet. It's kind of cute. I'm glad he is well liked. He has some really good friends that are boys too. I was a little worried about him in the beginning of the year because he is as young as you can possibly be for his grade and truth be told he's kind of shy (don't tell him that because I don't want him to live it out because he was told that's what he is). I was worried about what that combination could mean, but he always does well with other kids once he gets to know them. I guess he feels really comfortable in his class because the kids seem to like him and the teacher says he cracks her up. It really puts my mind at ease knowing he is going somewhere he enjoys with people he enjoys every weekday.



1 comment:
Your posts about school fuel my excitement for kindergarten in the fall... though I suspect I may have a ladies man on my hands as well. Okay, not suspect, know... given that all his favorites in his preschool class are the girls and they all talk to their mommies about him constantly. (shakes head)
So cute though...
Post a Comment