Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lily's First Significant Hair Cut

Those who know us or have been long time readers know that Lily didn't have much hair as a baby. She had kind of a baby mullet when it started growing in. When she finally had a measurable amount of hair it had the most beautiful curls. I've always loved her sweet curls, but recently they have started to look a little disheveled. I knew it was time to take her to get a real hair cut to try to even out all that short mullet hair from the top. In the picture below you can see the significant difference in the length of the back of her hair and the sides. The very shortest bit of hair is from when Sheri cut her bangs, but the rest of that side hair has never been cut. It was bittersweet taking her to get it cut. I could tell we would be taking off most of the curl, but I knew it would thicken up the look of it.

These two pictures are from today before we left.



These two are after.


She was in no mood to pose either time, so I had to take what I could get picture-wise.

3 comments:

Joan S. said...

She was so pleased with her haircut when she came to show it to me--I thought it seemed curlier than it does in the 'after' pictures here...

It does make her hair appear fuller, and she is as adorable as always.

Erin said...

It's so cute! And I felt the same way about getting Callie's curls cut. I hated it but knew it had to be done.

Erin said...

Awwww!!! I LOVE it!!! So cute. :)