Ryan decided to be Anakin without any trouble in the end and he was happy. He was really happy to run into his friend Luke at Trunk or Treat and be able to have a light saber battle. There were also some great adult Star Wars costumes.
Lily wore her Sleeping Beauty outfit (minus the crown) in the morning. We took it off to eat lunch and after that she wanted to be Cinderella, but the only dress up shoes she has that are good to walk in are Sleeping Beauty ones. She wanted to carry Ryan's Cars "pumpkin" from last year. She was quite a mix.
My costume was more subtle, I was a tourist. I wore a Paris shirt and my camera. I wanted to wear a touristy hat, but I didn't have one that I thought worked.
The best part about Halloween this year? It didn't cost me one cent. I had a huge bag of mini-tootsie pops that I had bought as rewards for my kids. Realizing we wouldn't get through the whole bag in a reasonable amount of time I decided to use that to give out to trick or treaters. I also pulled out the candy my kids don't like from the loot they had gotten earlier in the day. I hate throwing all that candy away, but if no one in your house eats it what else can you do? I thought giving it to kids who might appreciate it was a good solution. It wasn't bad candy, just stuff like Laffy Taffy, Whoppers, Blow Pops and Tootsie Rolls and I checked it before I gave it out, too. I did feel a little bit bad about "re-gifting" candy, so when I did I gave out handfuls instead of one piece.
Now my only problems are that I didn't really take "costume shots" of the kids and what to do with all the candy they got from 3 rounds of Trick or Treating. They sure had fun, but there is so. much. candy! I think I'll help them with the chocolate bars;-)



No comments:
Post a Comment