Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Great Costume Debate

Ryan wants to be a skeleton for Halloween. Every year we go to Trunk or Treat at our church. They have a rule about no scary or gory costumes. To me a skeleton is scary. Jay doesn't think so. So he asked the lady at the information counter on Sunday. She is dressing as a witch. Seriously?! She thinks witches aren't scary? I'll give you that Glenda the good witch of the North is not scary, but I'm thinking that's not what she is talking about. What do you think? Skeleton-scary or not?

In an attempt to get Ryan to change his mind (and also use a costume we already have) I suggested Anakin Skywalker. He then decided to be Count Dooku. At least if he went as Dooku some people would just assume he was a Jedi. I could probably live with Dooku, but where do I get that costume?! I can't even find a Luke Skywalker costume for kids. For adults, yes, kids not a one. Plenty of Anakin, even some with creepy masks, but he doesn't want to be Anakin. Needless to say I'm not ready for Halloween tomorrow.

2 comments:

Joan S. said...

I'm with you--skeletons come under the 'scary' category. And a witch? Totally inappropriate for an event at chruch! Good luck with the great costume conundrum!

Erin said...

We have an awesome Jango Fett costume complete with helmet and blasters if he wants to borrow it!