Snow is coming! This is good news and bad news. It means that EVERYONE and his brother is out today either finishing the Christmas shopping they were planning to do this weekend or getting "I'm going to be snowed in for a week" supplies. I had to get Lily snow boots. If it snowed every year here I would have gotten them in the fall, but I've been burned by that plan before. When you are on a budget snow boots and snow pants don't make the cut unless there is going to be snow. Most of the time I just have the kids wear their sneakers, but all Lily's shoes have an open top. I guess she likes the Mary Jane look. This is all fine and dandy most of the time, but not in the snow. We got the very last pair of boots in her size. They were completely out of boy snow boots and had a very limited amount of girl boots left. It was a good thing we got there when we did! While we were there I decided to pick up some marshmallows for hot chocolate. The lines weren't so bad and people were generally pleasant. It was crowded and the parking lot was kinda crazy, but we made it out unscathed.
I also needed a few things from the grocery store, but my very thoughtful and wonderful mother called to ask if she could pick anything up for me because she was going to the store. I know how much she hates shopping and crowded stores, so this was a true gift. I am so grateful! Thanks, Mom! I have a friend who posted on Facebook from the line at the grocery store 3 times over more than an hour. I would have had a really hard time keeping Lily (and myself) in good spirits for that long in a line that didn't end with a trip on a flying elephant.
Lily also completed her potty chart last night, so we went to Chuck E. Cheese today, as promised. Getting there was a slow process. It's probably 2 minutes from our house on a normal day, but today it took me at least 20. I sat in the left hand turn lane through 4 cycles because traffic getting into the shopping center was so thick. There is a grocery store, a department store and lots of other smaller shops in the shopping center where our Chuck E Cheese is, so you can see why it was so crazy. Once we were there we had fun. Lily wanted my parents to come celebrate with her, so they did. They even played a game or two. They are such good sports.
Now that today's craziness is behind us, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. There is something magical about Christmas time snow. It really gets you in the mood to celebrate. I'm looking forward to watching the kids sled down the hill, build snowmen and try to catch snowflakes on their tongues. After they finally realize how cold they are and come inside we'll drink hot chocolate then cuddle under cozy blankets together. Well, that's my plan anyway. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!



1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment