Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Waiting

I feel like there is so much to do yet I'm stuck waiting. I need to go to the store to get some food for Christmas. Yet, here I am sitting on the couch waiting to take Ryan to the bus stop because he has a 2 hour delay. I am not looking forward to going to the store 2 days before Christmas, but luckily I don't have too much to buy. I've got all the non-perishable stuff already. I also need to finish cleaning the basement and the rest of the house. Well, I don't have an excuse to not be doing that except that I'm worried if I get involved in doing something I'll forget about the bus. I probably should be cleaning...maybe I'll go do that. hahaha! I think I'll write more about Christmas prep instead.

I really like having brunch at our house Christmas morning. It's a nice mid-day thing and it gives us the chance to see both of our families on Christmas Day. This year has been a challenge with the snow. I feel like I spent my whole weekend dressing and undressing kids, making hot cocoa, cleaning up the wet clothes, hanging up the wet stuff, washing the dirty stuff and cleaning puddles left behind by the whole ordeal. I also had a project I was working on for a good part of the last 3 days. Then there is the fact that Ryan hasn't had school, so things are all out of whack. The messes are bigger the refereeing is constant and there is not a lot of uninterrupted time to do things that need to be done for Christmas morning...if you get my drift. Luckily one of our friends called yesterday to see if Ryan could play and since that made Lily sad we arranged for her to visit her Grandma and her dog "cousins."  That seemed to make everyone happy, especially me. I got a few hours of alone time and finished most of what I need to do with no one else around for Christmas morning. I still need to finish emptying the basement, but the kids don't know that is for any special reason. That is until Ryan reads this over my shoulder;-) I'd better get going!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Where are you PUTTING all the stuff that was down there? I had a hard enough time cleaning out my laundry room of junk the other day.... you had a whole basement! (so jealous of the storage space, btw... although, I guess now it's kinda FORMER storage space) ;) I can't wait to see pics!

Periwinkle Jen said...

There is still the other half of the basement for storage. Now that we don't have a washer and dryer over there we have a lot more storage space, though that is currently be taken up by the patio furniture. We've gotten rid of a lot of stuff we don't use anymore through Purple Heart, the American Cancer Society, etc. I gave like 10 bags of boy clothes to a friend. I gave a bunch of baby stuff to my mom so she can have a place set up for any future grandbabies in her house. She was going to do that anyway by picking stuff up at yard sales. This way she doesn't need to do that:-)