Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Our New Toilet

It's about 10PM... I hear Crash! Boom! Bang! I recognize the sound as the stool in the upstairs bathroom. It sounds horrible. I run upstairs. "Are you okay?!" I ask before I can even see what's going on. No response. I get to the top of the stairs and flip the light on because the bathroom was completely dark. And that's when I saw it. Unfortunately, Ryan did not see it, at least not the way I did. He was standing there holding the the upside down wooden stool at a 45* angle in one hand and aiming perfectly into it with the other. Oh, yes, he had turned the stool upside down and was using it as a toilet. Realizing he doesn't know what he is doing I very calmly(well as calmly as you can when someone is peeing in your stool) say, "Ryan, that's not the toilet. Can you stop peeing?" No response. This is when I just start cracking up because, well, because he is PEEING IN THE STOOL! Realizing it was no use to try to get him to stop I go to get some rags to limit the damage. I throw a couple old towels in and under the stool to try to soak it up. Meanwhile I'm laughing so uncontrolably I'm snorting. Oh, yes, people. I snort laugh when I really get going which only makes me laugh harder. It's a vicious cycle I tell you.  Anyway, I was laughing and Ryan started looking confused and fussing a little bit. Inevidably when you choose a wooden stool as your liquid waste recepticle things get messy, so I changed his clothes and got him to bed.
As I cleaned up the mess while still laughing at the whole situation I realized something. I'm turning into my mother because I am going to have to tell this story. I will tell this story many times and each time I tell it  I will be cracking up before I get through the second sentence. I've started laughing several times just writing it here. I know sometimes I will just start laughing out loud because I thought about it. Yes, I am becoming my mother. Well, at least I'll be doing it with a smile.

3 comments:

Joan S. said...

And even better than becoming your mother, your son *got out of bed to go to the bathroom* all on his own!

Still chuckling....

Erin said...

So this is what I have to look forward to with a boy?! Because no way do girls pee in stools! :)

Periwinkle Jen said...

LOL...maybe. Too late to chicken out now;-)