I have not been able to get into a groove this year. Try as I might things just seem to return to chaos. Maybe I'm trying to do too much, maybe I'm just not doing enough, but organization, energy and the feeling of knowing what's going on elude me. Everything in my house is "in transition." The basement is half painted, the boxes still surround the Christmas tree(which still dons it's lights), toys cover the floor, miscellaneous junk covers every flat surface in the house, the "art room" is still full of unsorted crafting and art supplies and has trash everywhere from Ryan's constant projects, etc, etc. Events keep sneaking up on me. Like GNO that has been on my calendar for about 6 months is tonight. The only reason I remembered is because someone asked me if I'm going last night. I did switch to a new calendar for the new year and forgot to transfer the date, but that just illustrates the problem. Things around here have just not been right. It seems like all Lily wants to do is play Wii, watch TV and play the computer. I don't let her do that all the time, but the requests every 5 minutes can drive a person crazy. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in a long time. Lily keeps shouting in her sleep and/or waking up in the middle of the night and neither Jay nor I seem to be able to go to bed at a reasonable hour. If I do go to bed I can't sleep. Then of course I'm tired all day. I need to do something to get this family back on track. I think part of the problem is all these breaks. I consider the breaks from school breaks for me and I really shouldn't. I've been working on figuring out a daily routine that will bring things to order, but it's really hard to maintain a schedule when I'm so stinkin' tired. Maybe the next step is writing down the schedule and keeping myself accountable.
Right now Lily desires a bath and I should go do that since she is asking for something without a screen and I should encourage that. Perhaps I'll share some more unorganized rambling with you later.



2 comments:
I'm feeling similarly scattered... can we help each other somehow? LOL. Today I just had had enough and started doing small things, slowly... one.at.a.time. and I've actually made enough progress to get out of the funk I've been in... but I still have a long way to go.
At least you have a good excuse!
Post a Comment