It seems summer will be ending soon whether I like it or not. I like summer. Sure it's hot, but with a god mix of a/c, sprinklers and pools it can be really fun. What I love most is the freedom of summer. I'm not on anyone else's schedule. Ryan is great at getting himself up and ready for whatever the day has in store and Lily has been sleeping until 9:30 some days. So I have been able to sleep in which is heavenly for me. Summer has been great.
Fall will bring a new season in my life in more ways than one. Of course it will cool off and the leaves will turn many beautiful colors. This fall will also mark a new season in motherhood for me. Lily will start preschool which means I will have regular and scheduled time alone. This is both exciting and hard for me. It will be hard to send my babies off to 3rd grade and preschool, but I'm excited to have time to do things like get groceries and run errands alone. It's the little things really;-)
I'm hoping to use my time so well that I'm able to do projects that have been waiting years for me. Maybe I'll get those scrapbooks I've been wanting to do done or reorganize the spare room so it's useful again. Maybe I'll even be able to keep my house clean enough to have visitors more often! Okay, so that's a pipe dream;-) If I can at least keep it clean enough so I don't feel guilty doing other projects that would be a major win for me. I have a list a mile long of things I want to do. I need to figure out a way to break it down so I don't feel overwhelmed and end up doing nothing.
And now I will leave you with these famous words adapted from Ecclesiastes 3...
"To everything
turn, turn,turn
there is a season
turn, turn, turn
and a time for every purpose under heaven." -The Byrds
Now it can be stuck in your head like it is in mine:-)



1 comment:
It's like pre-empty nest syndrome when your youngest goes to school all day.
Post a Comment