Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Box Cars

Yesterday Zach, Ryan and I made a couple boxes into a car and a train. Ryan's train wasn't quite finished, but I needed to start dinner. So except for the fact that it only has one headlight it could be a car too. Zach made his car all by himself. We were discussing what a car has that he could put on his box: windows, headlights, windshield. When I said windshield Zach said, "Yes- and of course every windshield needs a windshield wiper." The way he said it was so funny, very matter of fact.
After dinner we took our cars out in the back yard and had a race around the perimeter. Ryan had a little trouble holding the box up and running because I couldn't find the suspenders I thought we had to hold it up. Jay helped him out for a while, but then he figured out how to do it pretty well himself.
So a couple of boxes and some construction paper provided a whole afternoon and evening's worth of entertainment. Boxes may be the world's greatest toy!
Racing Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Erin said...

How creative! I have two of those exact same boxes laying around... need more cars for your train? ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Good way to get right and left brain activity going. It looks like so much fun, too.

Heidi said...

Awww how cute! I remember my mom doing that for me when I was a kid, it was one of my favorite toys and I still remember it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had lots of fun!