Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Frustration...

and it's not even mine! Lily has been getting frustrated with her inability to make her body do what she wants it to recently. This usually means she is on the verge of a new feat. The first time I noticed the frustration cry she wanted to get places. The next thing I knew she was on the move. It was a bit awkward, but she could go. The crying stopped until just before she sat up. Before the pulling up there was a lot of grunting, but not much crying. Now the crying is back. Today she was holding on to a chair in the dining room when I heard "the cry", so I went over. As soon as I got there she stopped the crying and grabbed on to my pant leg. She lifted her little leg and started turning toward me and...boom, down on her bum. A little more frustration cry followed and I decided to distract her with some lunch. I sit here now wondering if she is on the verge of some new baby feat or if the frustration cry is going to be around for a while. Because really it's way to early to walk, but maybe walking holding on to furniture. Should I get the walkers out to sooth the frustration or is that just asking for trouble?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I say get them out! This is the age that Ben really started taking an interest in those... He wasn't able to push them for awhile, but he loved trying. :) You already know she's going to walk in the next three months... getting the walkers out or not getting them out isn't going to change that. It'll just give her something to work on. :)