Ryan, Lily and I were sitting on the couch. Lily and I were playing peek-a-boo and Ryan was sitting next to us scribbling on his mini-magnadoodle. He generally scribbles something and tells me it's a picture or it says something. Imagine my surprise when he says, "Look mommy!" and I see a plain as day R right there on the board. He took it upon himself to do it and he did. We weren't even talking about letters at the time. He was so proud of himself. I think he really liked it that I said it was so good we should save it to show to daddy. That means it's really special. He was embarrassed, but I made him take a picture with it later in the day. He kept hiding his face, so the picture here is when he popped out from behind the doodle board. I think it turned out well for a picture taken on the fly.

**UPDATED to add:
This is what he showed me today.

I guess he was inspired by the praise he got for his "R". Okay it needs a little work, but he did it completely on his own with no coaching. I'd say that is pretty good for a 3 1/2 year old!



5 comments:
I think it's a great picture! And a great letter 'R' too. Good job, Ryan!
That is a great picture!
Are you kidding? "Pretty good for a 3 1/2 year old." That's GREAT for a 3 1/2 year old! The boy is impressive.
Wow! Color me impressed! Way to go, Ryan!!! :)
Great job Ryan!
Post a Comment