Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weaning

The best thing about weaning is I can leave Lily with someone else for several hours.
The worst thing about weaning is leaving Lily with someone else for several hours :-(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. She is special and fun to be around, that's for sure. Give her some time with someone else. You'll both treasure your time together even more. ;)

Love you.

Mari said...

What I miss is the quiet moments, when they drift off to sleep while nursing.

But I see what a big step that extra bit of independence is for you both. It's amazing how every milestone involves letting go.

Carrie (or Maybe Gord!) said...

Ella is down to 4 feedings a day, and a couple of weeks ago, I switched her post-afternoon-nap feeding to a bottle. Then yesterday, I switched her lunchtime feeding. I am having a lot more trouble with that one. Now she's half-formula-fed! Ahhhhh! Of course, I'm doing this all so that I can go back to work in 4 more weeks, which means that I'll be away from both of my kiddos every day.

I miss our closeness...but then again, I don't miss the wriggling acrobatics she tries to do!

The weaning process is excruciating...I feel for you!

One Tweet Thing said...

"Weaning" is really a ugly word...

I know this is a random thought, but it does sound like a terrible process (just the sound of the word...not the action).

Claire said...

I am only slightly jealous. Jacob is still nursing, but only to sleep. In that respect, he is an addict...or is it his mommy who is addicted? I think after he gets over his current tooth/snotty afflictions we will just have to do it cold turkey. I already have a laundry list of things that need to be done to my body once he's off the boobie juice, like dying my ratty hair, whitening my skanky coffee-stained teeth...