OMG, I just was complaining about this to Tom last night because we were in a social situation where that kept happening. I think it's horribly rude... and even if you aren't talkinga bout the other people in the room, they usually think/feel like you are.
huh. I wouldn't think that they were talking about me, just about something private.
But whispering to one person in a group is rude in general. How rude depends on how big the group is, how long it goes on, and their general whispering style (do they look serious, or are they laughing and pointing?)
it just matters to me if other people were talking amongst themselves and how big the group is, I know that when I'm nervous I kind of cling to the person I know.
6 comments:
OMG, I just was complaining about this to Tom last night because we were in a social situation where that kept happening. I think it's horribly rude... and even if you aren't talkinga bout the other people in the room, they usually think/feel like you are.
RUDE RUDE RUDE.
huh. I wouldn't think that they were talking about me, just about something private.
But whispering to one person in a group is rude in general. How rude depends on how big the group is, how long it goes on, and their general whispering style (do they look serious, or are they laughing and pointing?)
Unless you are in a movie theater? or listening to a long speech-- like in church? Rude.
If it is a private conversation, go somewhere private, else people will speculate and perhaps feel uncomfortable.
it just matters to me if other people were talking amongst themselves and how big the group is, I know that when I'm nervous I kind of cling to the person I know.
Thank you all for your input. It feels good to have support:-)
Heh. I kind of figured we saw this same the way. ;)
Post a Comment