Saturday, June 16, 2007
5 Years
Jay and I have been married five years. It seems like forever and at the same time I wonder how it could have been 5 years already. We celebrated by having a date. A real live date with just the two of us! We saw Pirates of the Caribbean III. Since we didn't see the second one we were both a bit lost for parts. I was entirely unsatisfied with the ending. I know they were just trying to be unpredictable, but I would have liked a different ending. I won't elaborate for those who have not seen it. After the movie we went to the Bayou Cafe. It was nice to sit down and talk uninterrupted, well except by the waiter who seemed to be very interested in how we were doing. The food was good, very spicy just like you'd expect at a Cajun restaurant. We even managed to have conversations that were not about the kids. In a true "it feels like I've known you forever" moment I asked Jay if he ate alligator when we were in Louisiana. Um, yea, I didn't know Jay when I went to Louisiana. He's never been there. Don't I feel sheepish. I was thinking if the time I went to visit my parents and we went to a Cajun restaurant. My dad was talking about eating alligator. It was my brother I was thinking of when I couldn't remember if he tried alligator. Knowing TJ I'm pretty sure he did not eat the alligator. He feels the same way I feel about seafood. And swamp food sounds worse. Jay did not end up trying the alligator last night either, but he did eat seafood. We got home before the kids were in bed as per the plan. Yes, we are old ;-P And no, I don't care. Okay, maybe I care a little bit, but I'm glad I'm right where I am. I wouldn't have it any other way. 5 Years together with great kids and having just had a very nice anniversary dinner. I love you honey, Happy anniversary!



2 comments:
You guys are suckers just like us. I don't know how other people would put our babies to sleep, I just don't.
Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! You guys had a lovely wedding. Has it been five years already?
Post a Comment