Lily is such a joyous girl. She finds great happiness in little things. Right now she is laughing hysterically at the "pop" sound her toy milk container makes when she opens it. She can't even hear music without swaying with a big smile on her face. There are always big smiles when she is proud of herself for accomplishing something new or doing something difficult. She laughs with delight when Daddy or her brothers play chase with her or tickle her. Her laughter is very contagious and once someone laughs with her it makes her laugh even harder. There are frequent "weeee"s when she slides or swings. She has so much fun outside on the playground or anywhere else. She just loves so much of life. I just love to see her joy and celebrate life with her every day.
Today she started really helping me with things. Sometimes she will hand me her shoes or socks when she wants to put them on to go outside or try to feed me her goldfish, but it's always something she wants to do. Today she and Ryan loaded the washing machine for me. I handed them clothes and they would put them in the basin. It was a lot easier for Ryan, but Lily did a great job. It took me a bit by surprise. I don't know why, she is very coordinated and loves putting things into containers. She is filling a water bottle with toys as I type this. Now Ryan is "helping" her. I'd better go make sure this doesn't turn ugly.



2 comments:
Awww. She's a sweet girl, your Lily.
Hey, our kids ARE identical. Jacob is the most laughingest child I have ever met. He points at everything and just laughs and laughs, inviting you to come and laugh with him.
Doesn't it amaze you, how much they understand at this age? Just like Lily, I can ask Jacob to help me by bringing his shoes or whatever, and he will stop what he's doing and fetch them. These younger people, they can barely say "shoe", but they listen very, very well.
Post a Comment