Lily is talking up a storm lately. She still babbles at us with a look on her face that makes you sure she knows what she is saying even if you can't understand it. She likes getting any response, but she delights in it when you recognize what she has said and repeat it back to her. She lights up like a Christmas tree. More and more I am recognizing words when she talks to me. She seems to be speaking multiple new words each day now. I guess this is the verbal explosion I've read so much about on Erin's blog. I can only guess because to be honest I've never actually clicked through to the articles she links. It's really fun to watch her discover. This week she has been repeating cause and effect experiments constantly. Whether she is flipping the switch to turn the light on and off for as long as someone will hold her there or trying to make people laugh again with the same antics that made them laugh the first time she relishes the accomplishment of causing something to happen. She giggles every time the light goes off and every time it come back on for her. She is a pretty fun baby, but don't get her started on a back and forth scream contest with Ryan because that might bust your ear drums. The girl can shriek.
Did I forget to mention that today is Lily's 18th month-day? Yep, 18 months flies when it's your baby. I can't believe she's already a year and a half old! My sweet smiley girl with giggles galore is growing up. Okay, she's not headed off to college yet, but she's not really a baby anymore either.



No comments:
Post a Comment