I never thought I would be one of those moms who makes a big deal out of preschool graduation. Before I had kids you might have heard the words, "Preschool graduation?! Oh, pu-leez!" escape my unknowing lips. But somehow as it approached the gravity of it hit me. My little boy is not so little anymore. Next year he will be required to be in school by the state. He will go to the big building with "Elementary School" emblazoned on it. Not only that, he will ride the big yellow bus there and I won't see his teacher every day in case she wants to share something with me. And what about all those kids, those big kids on the bus and in the school. How will he interact with them when I'm not there?! The worst part is he will be gone all. day. long. As I thought about all that stuff I realized this is a big deal, a transition, a milestone if you will. So it turns out I was wrong about another prediction of my parenting. I'm not sorry though. I know Ryan felt special today and it was a special day for all us.

Here he is getting his diploma.






4 comments:
Awwwwwwww!!! Congratulations, Ryan! (I teared up reading this post both for you and knowing I'll be doing and feeling the exact same thing next year...)
That's a great family pic, btw! :)
Congratulations, Ryan! I know kindergarten will be a wonderful experience for you. I love you,
Grandma
Congratulations, Ryan! I love the family pictures. Callie'll go through this on June 5th. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet...
Goodness me, if he doesn't look the stunner in his vest and tie.
Congratulations, Ryan! And Jen, I totally know how you feel. Recently I recorded a date in my planner to note when we're supposed to submit an application for Isaac to go to the charter school in town. I just about had a panic attack.
Post a Comment