Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Lily-isms

Lily has these ways of saying things that are all her own. Some make sense and some don't sound anything like the real words, but they are uniquely Lily at this unique and wonderful time in her life. I find most of them very endearing and I'll miss them when they are gone.



Fufus= Princess

my Crots= my Crocs

Miss Ash-a-we = My dear friend Ashley who Lily LOVES

Jueeya = Julia, Ashley's daughter and Lily's best 6 year old friend

Choco-what miwk= chocolate milk

"No mommy I wan stay inside" =No, Mommy. I don't want to go inside. I want to stay outside.
She often switches inside/outside, on/off, up/down and other opposites. I'm not sure why or if that is normal, but if she tells you she wants you to do something and she throws a fit because you do it she probably meant to say the opposite thing. It's frustrating.

sta-eh-ee= strawberry (one of her favorites)

"I wan usa baf tub." Usually said once we get to the bathroom when I've asked her if she wants to use the potty and she has said yes. The girl loves her baths and is easily distracted, what can I say?

dress= any piece of clothing that goes over her head

I ya you! = I love you! (it's my favorite)

There are more, but I'm tired and I can't think of them right now. I'm sure I will add more posts about the topic.

1 comment:

Erin said...

It's so neat reading how other kids are talking. And since Avery and Lily are so close in age, it's cool to see what she's saying that maybe Avery's not. Avery does the same thing with opposites--it's just the age. They're still learning and will soon figure out when they say "up" that's what's going to happen. Avery will tell me she wants cereal and as soon as I pour it for her she'll look at me like "Are you crazy woman? I said I DON'T WANT cereal". Frustrating, yes, but I'm learning to ask over and over and she'll finally say what she means.