Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Time Warp?

Last week I caught the last bit of a segment on the today show. They were going to commercial to a familiar chorus, "You've got the right stuff, baby..." They were panning around the screaming crowd. Then there was a brief shot of Jordan Knight with the Today Show cast and they went to commercial. "Oh," I thought, "I guess Jordan is having another(?) go at a solo career." Wait, why would they be playing "The Right Stuff"? I spent the commercial break feeling like I was in some sort of time warp. The show came back and all the "New Kids" were there, on stage and they started a long chain of all their old hits. I started wondering when they were going to break out their new song, you know the one they are hoping to come back with using the old songs to get people to listen. They never played one. That's when I realized it was a reunion, not a come back. Like the oldies bands that went around playing their old songs reliving the glory days. OHMYGOSH...Don't tell me this means the bands of my youth are starting to do reunion tours and their songs will now be known as "oldies"!!! That can not be true. First toys I played with as a kid in the American History Museum. Now the bands I listened to as a teenager (don't pretend you didn't) are doing reunions. I refuse to believe I am that old!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh yes, yes we are that old. And believe me, I am including myself in that "we". I had heard about this little reunion and I'm not so sure I really want to see them. But it would bring back some fun memories.

Anonymous said...

I think they are doing a couple new songs...does that help? ;) I was a fan too...I'll admit it!

Claire said...

I saw a video for a new song of theirs, and they look OLDY MOLDY. Me thinks I will be staying away from that reunion tour.