Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ew

PETA is stupid. According to this article they want Ben and Jerry's to make their ice cream with human breast milk. Show of hands...who would never eat ice cream made with a stranger's breast milk?

http://www.wbaltv.com/health/17539627/detail.html

Ben and Jerry's is so right to say no. What about the fact that you can't control what humans eat or what medications or drugs they take that could be passed through the milk. What about those human babies that are not getting the milk they need? They will just have to be on, or be supplemented with, formula made with ::gasp:: cows milk. Plus it would change the taste of the ice cream and they wouldn't be able to maintain taste even if they found one that worked because what you eat changes the taste of your milk. Apparently the PETA people need to talk to some lactation consultants and get educated on breast milk. This is just silliness.

I can't believe PETA has any members and supporters anymore, much less 2 million, especially after they killed all those strays and unwanted pets they promised to protect. How do you measure supporters anyway? I'm all for treating all of God's creations with respect and care, but you can take things too far. And PETA? They are out there. I have a hard time believing anything they say. Sometimes I want to create a group of animal supporters and environmental supporters that have good heads on their shoulders and won't be taken in by this craziness. You know, just people who care about the environment and animals that do what they can and encourage others to as well. Ones who rely on real science and common sense, not scare tactics and sensationalistic garbage. Maybe some day there will be such a group.

::Stepping off soapbox::

Now back to our regularly scheduled blogging about kids and real life.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I saw this morning on my Yahoo headlines and did a double take... because yeah, um... EW!

Joan S. said...

I agree with both of you completely, but I have to wonder if PETA is simply using this example as a tool rather than as a serious suggestion. Jen expressed it all so beautifully--i.e. the fact that we can't control what humans put into their systems. What goes unsaid is that we CAN control what our dairy cows eat--which is likely what bugs PETA. Because, as Jen said, they are OUT THERE.