Lily got her first hair cut. I was really unsure about it because I love her little curls. She won't let me put barrettes in to hold back the front though, so I had no choice. I had to get some bangs cut. I wasn't brave, or foolish enough to do it myself, so I took her to my good friend, Sheri. Sheri is wonderful. She does my hair, she's done my mom's hair and Ryan has never gotten his hair cut by anyone else. When Sheri was on maternity leave she came to our house to cut Ryan's hair! She's always been great with Ryan and Lily was no different. She sat on the chair all by herself. She mostly did everything Ms. Sheri asked. She was still and patient. She even talked about how fun it was later. The bangs are really helping keep her hair out of her face. I even had a little bit taken off the back. I wasn't sure when i went in if I would. I my exact words were, "Okay, here's the thing...I don't want to be one of those moms who can't bring herself to cut her little girl's hair and it ends up being a scraggly mess,[insert knowing laughs from every hair stylist within earshot] BUUUUUT I do love her curls. If you think cutting the back will make her hair look a lot fuller I'll do it." She did think it would help to cut off about 3/4 of an inch to help the shorter hairs catch up. I knew it would help to cut it, but I was afraid how much would have to be cut to make a difference and I wasn't sure with her curls how much of a difference it would make. It did make a difference and it really doesn't even look much shorter. All in all I'm happy I was brave enough to get it cut.
Oh, you want pictures? Well, if you insist. I think I have a few.











6 comments:
(looks high. Looks low.... refreshes pages)
where's the pic?!
Subtle, Erin, very subtle....
where IS the pic? ;)
Whoa, she's a cutie. I love the curls too - I don't blame you for not wanting to cut too much off!
I love the curls! So cute. And wow, does she ever look like you!! Great pictures :)
It's a shame she won't wear barrettes--I love her hair pulled back and up like in the first photo. Maybe someday...:::sigh::::
I'm lucky that my daughter will wear barrettes and clips - I desperately want to avoid bangs. I'm too lazy for the upkeep! The fact that my son has wild hair right now is proof of my laziness!
Post a Comment