Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lily's Way

Today was a rough day. Especially since Lily was up so late last night with ear pain. We went to the doctor this morning. Lily had some wax blocking the doctor's view. It was hard to get it out so they tried to flush it out with water. Lily hated that part. She sucked it up for a while, but after the third or fourth time she started crying. She cried so hard. It didn't work, but it did soften it enough to pull it out with that long earwax tool they have. They removed a huge chunk of wax the doctor said could have been causing the pain and preventing her from hearing anything in that ear. (Talk about making me feel like a bad mom! I feel so bad when they have chunks of wax, but the doctor always tells us not to put anything in their ears. What do you do?) It turns out she does have a 'pretty bad' ear infection. There was a bunch of hullabaloo about getting her prescription covered by insurance. So even though we had gone to kill some time around town we ended up at home. When everything was ready and I could go pick up the prescription I told Lily it was time to go. "I'll just wait here," she said. I told her we needed to go right then so we could be home to pick up Ryan. To this she said, "I can't go. It's in my story, 'Lily waits here.'" If you watch Super Why you know why I was cracking up at this point. Luckily I have watched Super Why and I said, "Let's change the words 'waits here' to 'goes with Mommy.'" She got up with a wry smile on her face and we went. Phew! I really didn't need to take a fussing girl to the pharmacy. She has a way of brightening even my bleakest days.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope Lily feels better. Hannah has a bad wax problem. It's very frustrating to seem them go through that.
My doctor says sometimes to put a little peroxide in their ears to soften any hard wax. Good luck.

Joan S. said...

It's a good Mommy who knows how to guide a child's behavior using her own devices. Good job!

Erin said...

LOL! As soon as I read "it's in my story. Lily waits here." I thought SUPER WHY!!! That's hysterical... and quick thinking on your part to change the story! ;)

Both my kids have ridiculous ear wax too...

Hope Lily is on the mend now!

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear that Lily was feeling icky! Isn't it great how they can come up with such funny things even when they are sick!?!