This year was no different. There were even some mentions of it being "the best day ever." After all the gifts were opened Christmas morning and we were deciding what we would play with Ryan was asked about what he got. He said, "Good, but I didn't get some of the things I ordered." Ordered?! Oh my goodness!
Some pictures of Christmas morning reactions.
Opening his matchbox race car.
Opening his Wall-E robot(he hadn't even seen Wall-E at this point)
The boys got matching Ravens jerseys.

One of the things Ryan ordered that he didn't get in the morning was a "cool dinosaur book" and the other was a "Brio Race car." Brio doesn't make their building sets any more and you can't buy them anywhere, so I passed the word to everyone that an erector set would probably fill in nicely. Once the families came he got the erector set from someone(I feel terrible, but I missed him starting to open that one, so I didn't catch who gave it to him. I think it was Uncle Ben. If you know let me know and I'll fix this). He also got the book pictured below from Uncle Ben. I think that qualifies as a cool dinosaur book!
So his order was completed after all;-) We've had a talk since then about being grateful for what we're given and about lists for Santa being "wish lists," but who knows if it will sink in this time.



5 comments:
Yeah, Ben is SO not one of those people... he doesn't give off any emotion at all (very rarely, anyway) when he opens a gift. But then later that day, or even MONTHS later, he'll talk about it how great it was. I always feel bad for people who give Ben gifts they are really excited about because they generally do not get the reaction they are looking for... I always try to let them know how much he talked about liking it later or how much he plays with whatever it was.
LOL about the "ordering" of gifts. How funn!!!
Ben has those jammies! :) I heart them.
Btw, whose dog is that in the pics?
I love those jammies, too. I bought the pink ones for Lily and the blue ones for Ryan last winter and saved them for Christmas Eve so they could wear brand new matching jammies Christmas morning:-)
That is my brother's dog, Lucy. He calls her that because she got loose(y) the time he saved her life on the highway. He tried for a long time to find her owners, but no one claimed her. They've pretty much adopted each other now. TJ, Jodi and Lucy spent the night so they could watch the kids open their gifts.
Btw, I keep trying to leave comments on your other blog, but Blogger keeps eating them. :(
Post a Comment