Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 02, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Every year we go to Dutch Wonderland for their Winter Wonderland Christmas Celebration. I love it for many reasons. For one thing all the amusement parks in the area close when it's not summer and it's a good chance to get some fun ride action in for the kids during the winter.
Here Ryan and Lily enjoy the Whip.
Ryan got to ride the Space Shuttle for the first time this trip, but I didn't get to take a picture because I stayed with Lily while she rode the Whip again.

We played with the "ice cubes" for a while. Zach actually managed to build an igloo like structure.

Of course the kids had to ride the Frog Hopper, always a favorite.

Jay and the boys rode the bumper cars.



One might think he knew I was taking this picture, but he didn't.

This is Zach. I know you can't tell except for the signature green clothing and green car, but the only time he faced me was when the bar in the front blocked his face.

This carousel is my favorite. It's so pretty especially at night.








Lily loves the carousel too. We rode it twice. Once at the very end of the evening. It was a beautiful way to finish our night. The had this really cool light show this year. I think it was new because I don't remember it from previous trips. It was amazing though. They had all these Christmas lights in a big field and they had them "dance" to Christmas music. Dance is the best word I could come up with to describe it. It was very cool. I would have taken pictures, but I wouldn't be able to do it justice and we didn't really stop to watch it. We just kind of enjoyed it as we walked around. I'm hoping to get a spring or summer trip to Dutch Wonderland in this year if anyone is interested. It's a relatively short drive.

4 comments:

Joan S. said...

Love the pictures. Looks like everybody had a great time. Did they have the gingerbreads house competition this year?

Unknown said...

Isn't Zach a smart little guy, figuring out how to build an igloo! How cool! Maybe he'll be an engineer or an architect!?

This looks like a blast! We've been wanting to get to DW for quite awhile now so maybe we'll join you on your spring/summer trip. Is it a day trip type place or overnight?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me... came here after Katie's blog, so logged in on my other gmail name. Bleh.

Periwinkle Jen said...

That would be so fun! DW is geared more toward younger kids, so I wouldn't even be bugging you to ride the 1 roller coaster;-)

It's a little over an hour from here. You can do it either way. We've done both, but have found it's less stressful for us to stay the night after we go to the park. We like to stay at Willow Valley they have a really fun indoor pool play area the kids love. If you go in the summer the Willow Valley play pool might be a little redundant because DW has a cool pool play area, too. Although there is a WV farm (which we have yet to get to), the pond and the playground.