I spent the evening digging through boxes and eventually found my old dolls. There are two that I had that were close to the 18" size that is so popular right now, My Friend Jenny and My Friend Becky. So we gave them baths and washed their clothes and Lily has barely put them down since. She takes them everywhere. Jenny stays the closest, but mostly it's both of them. It's so sweet. She's played with dolls before, but this is something else. She absolutely loves them. They are a little skinny for the dress matches her new dress, but she doesn't seem to mind at all (she's a little skinny for most of her clothes, too!) She mostly has them in the outfits they had on from when I was a kid.
The other day I noticed her dolls didn't have shoes on. I thought it was just like her other baby dolls- sometimes they just don't have anything on and it's no big deal. Then we went to leave the house and of course the dolls had to come with us. She grabbed her dolls and ran to her cubby to put her shoes on and I saw this...

Isn't that just the sweetest thing you've ever seen? I didn't make a big deal (I took the picture later when she wasn't around). I just waited to see what happened. When we came back she took off her shoes and took off the doll shoes and lined them all up again. She's melting my heart, that girl! I think she may be ready for her own big girl doll soon! It's a big moment. I'd better start saving now! I wonder if I should let her decide which big girl doll to pick or just pick one I love. My favorite was Samantha and she's not available anymore. Maybe Lily and I can pick out a new favorite together. This calls for a trip to the library.



2 comments:
The first word to come to my mind was "precious." I *love* that her dollies' shoes line up so nicely next to hers.
Now I am even more excited to give her the purple cape I bought for her dolls...and wish I *had* bought two, so both Becky and Jenny would have one!
Squeee! :)
Post a Comment