I'm not sure if I am going to continue blogging. I have bunches of mixed feelings about it. I don't want to continue at all in some ways. I want to continue anonymously in other ways. I want to continue just as I am in many ways. While pictures are a favorite part of my life and my blog I want to stop posting them in some ways too. Some of this is because of all the picture stealing going on in the blog world and some of my reasons are personal. I mostly started this to keep my family and friends up to date on what is going on with us. I feel like there are more people that I don't know reading than people I do know. I don't mean to be insulting to anyone...I feel like some people I've 'met' through blogging are becoming like friends. It's not that I don't want people I don't know in real life to read. I think it's kind of cool actually. I do however wish that I could know who is reading. I wish more of my family would read and comment so I know they are reading. Some people comment in person. Even if they just say 'Hey, I read your blog the other day' or 'I read about ______ on your blog' it helps me know my blog is serving it's purpose. I know some of them do read and that's a lot of what keeps me going. Lots of you probably noticed that I have not posted so much lately. It's mostly because of these feeling that it's not really achieving what it was meant for originally. My parents are going to be stateside in less than a month and I hope it will be easier for us to keep in touch by more personal ways. My brother is also stateside again and we will be able to keep in touch better too. They are the main reason for this here blog and since they are now going to be more available (my parents will even be in the same time zone!) it seems like my blog may have a natural ending soon. I just wish I knew that it is really a useful tool in my life. Now I'm not saying comment or I'll stop blogging, but I'm explaining how I feel about the whole thing in general.
Just so the whole post in not depressing I'll leave you with something that made me laugh this morning. Ryan slipped on a piece of paper (that he put on the floor) and fell. Most of the time he just gets up and keeps going, but this time he cried and stayed on the floor(this is not what made me laugh people-I know what you were thinking). Seeing as he seemed to really be hurt I went over and scooped him up, brought him back to the couch and cuddled him. He stopped crying, wiggled down and walked over near where he fell. He threw himself on the ground and started crying again. This made me laugh(Jay was cracking up as well). He was playing me. He is 19 months old and he is playing me! Of course, not to disappoint I went over and scooped him up, brought him back to the couch and cuddled him. I don't want him to feel like he is not getting enough attention after all. He stopped crying, wiggled down and scurried over where he originally fell. He threw himself on the floor and started crying(Think that forgot what I wrote before and I am just repeating myself? NOPE). He did this 3 times. I guess we have 2 Shakespearean monarchs on our hands;-)



9 comments:
Well, I for one will be sorry if you stop blogging. Given that the two of us are terrible with the calling, this blog has made me feel closer with my "old high school friend" then I have in years. That's what inspired me to start my blog and its made a huge difference I think with people keeping up and feeling close with me even after not talking with them in huge amounts of time. I know I don't comment as much as I should, but your blog always makes me smile.
Just hope that you keep that in mind when you make your decision. And if you do stop blogging, it'll be your job to remember to call me once in a while to catch up. :)
Well Nifer I don't want to be the reason that you continue your blog but I do try to read it at least once a week. It is a easy way for me to keep up with your family, but like I said I don't want to be the reason the you continue to blog because that is what they made phones for.
You know I've wrestled with this same issue... in some ways I love having lots of readers, on other ways I'm annoyed that some of my real life friends and family know so much about my business and never EVER comment. But my blog is a great outlet for me and if nothing else, a good record of my child's life. Plus I've made writing a regular part of my life again and I think that's a good thing... Personally, I vote for you to keep at it... but if you're uncomfortable with it then you should stop. YOu could always start another blog and only tell select people... that might help with some of your problems. ?
Jen, I feel the exact same way!! But I continue it because I do enjoy it, most of the time. It's my outlet, I guess you might say. I would completely understand if you stopped, but I'ld miss you.
That Ryan is one smart cookie! Although I cannot IMAGINE that either of your boys lacks for attention...
As for your blog, you are the only one who can decide if it is something you would like to continue. I do enjoy reading it, but it would be less enjoyable if I knew you didn't really want to do it. I certainly understand the desire to KNOW the people who are reading about your personal life...but since I do not blog, I don't know how to control that aspect of it.
I love you. You just tell me what you decide, and I will support the decision.
I have all those same thoughts. It IS scary not knowing who's reading, but on the other hand, it's great meeting new people.
Perhaps you're ready to graduate to a better blogging system? One that allows user logins? I know a lot of people do that (I had a PW, and may go back to that). It really helped me get a feel for who was reading, PLUS I think people are more willing to comment knowing there's just a smaller audience.
Just a thought. I share that because I've had all those same thoughts.
I for one will miss hearing about your boys. :-) But you do what's best for your family!
Thanks for all the nice comments. I think I'll probably keep it up at least for now. Like I said...mixed feelings. Thanks for sticking with me through it all:-)
Jen,
Don't stop posting! :) I'm late to the comments usually but I still like to catch up with you and read what's happening!
- Philo
I know what you mean, this is why I have two blogs. One is a family update and the other is my personal forum... where I can ask questions, vent, etc. So far, it has worked out pretty well.
Post a Comment