TiVo friend or foe?
I can pull up Barney, Sesame Street, Wiggles or Blue's Clues on demand and I never miss my favorite shows. There is always something on TV-I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I definitely watch way more TV than I did 3 months ago.
Is my boy ready for potty training?
1) He is obsessed with the toilet. He picks up the lid and points out the "water" all the time. He runs in and points at the "po-ee" all the time. 2) He was out in the yard with Jay while Jay was picking up after Daisy. He pointed at the scoop and said "po-ee". Wow, he is relating -well, you know- to the potty. The problem is he says "po-ee" a lot and I don't know if he means he has to go or if he just likes pointing out words that he knows(which he does). When I do try to sit him on the potty he is more interested in the toilet paper than anything else. He is only 19 months old...isn't that a little early?
Am I totally inept at raising a child at the age of 6?
Is drama just a part of the deal at 6? How come he never seems to hear me the first time? Will he ever make good decisions on his own regardless of his friends "ideas'?
How do people keep their houses clean?
Because mine is always a mess!
Do other people have more hours in their days?
Is 28 too old to learn how to read music and play the piano? If not, is it wise to try to learn from one's husband?
Will I ever get a good night's sleep again?!



5 comments:
On the potty training, I vote not too early! If Ben was that age and showing an interest, I'd try things getting him acclimated to the whole potty idea slowly... (since it's so early, no rush, right?)
On the music question: Not too late... but might cause marital difficulties. Tom will not teach me how to golf (not that I want to learn) for the same reasons... ;)
On the house question, mine's a sty right now too. Toys everywhere.. bathrooms are dirty. No time in the day for these things! Ben likes to try to drink the cleaners! Not cool! I'm doing what I can do when he's not napping.. and that is vacuuming and trying to slowly declutter my life when Sesame Street is on. It's helping little by little.
Agreed on the TiVo issue... I watch way too much tv now too. :\ But I get to zap the commercials, so I probably TECHNICALLY watch less... ? ;)
Typos in that first paragraph.. but you get the picture.
Oh, and no idea what to do w/ the six-year-old. ;)
TiVo--you have to decide if you are giving too much of your time to TV.
Potty training--he is showing interest, so why not give it a try? YOU were interested at that age, too. I slowed you down because I knew we were moving to Colorado soon and I didn't want to travel across the country with a small child who needed a toilet RIGHT NOW.
6 year old-- NO, you are not inept. Yes, drama is part of the deal, forever. He doesn't hear you the first time because he is so interested in whatever he is doing he is not focused on you or what you are saying. Don't expect too much improvement along these lines any time soon, but you could try getting his attention first, then talk. Keep raising him the right way and he will learn. You did. TJ did. Jay did.
Our houses are a mess because we have too much stuff. I don't think it will ever get better....
28 is not too old, but I agree with Erin--learning from hubby might be more trouble than its worth! Would you like piano lessons for your birthday?
A good night's sleep is relative. I'll bet you are sleeping more now than when Ryan was 2 months old!
Love you lots!
With potty training I think the earlier the better!!! If he doesn't take to it, just wait and try again, but if he's showing interest, I say give it a try.
As for house cleaning I have to confess that I cheat. As a baby shower gift my Mom paid for a cleaning lady to come during the first three months after Emily was born. After our "gift" cleanings were over I was hooked and I have the house cleaned once a month. It is soooooooooo worth it, especially with a small baby around. I hate mopping the floor and vacuuming the stairs more than anything, and did you know we have FOUR bathrooms to clean! Needless to say I think having a cleaning lady come is the best thing ever! The house still gets messy very quickly and I always have laundry to do (Landon's clothes take up so much room!), but I don't stress about it too much.
Post a Comment