I love taking pictures. I have as long as I can remember. I think it's partly because my dad loved to take pictures. He always took really cool pictures. There were times I thought he was crazy because of the lengths he went to for a good picture. I vaguely remember him getting very close to a moose(in the wild) to get a picture of it's face close up. I very much remember the actual picture. I also vividly remember being in the front of a canoe when my dad wanted to get a close up of an alligator. He was in the back. This did not sit well with me, especially when the gator dove into the water. I also remember a picture of a bee hovering over flower. I never fully appreciated this picture. I thought it was cool, don't get me wrong, but I didn't fully appreciate the skill it must have taken to get a close up of a bee and a flower in focus, perfectly centered and in amazing color and contrast(especially without the help of digital software!). These are things I have developed an appreciation for over the years. I recently became even more into the "how to"s of photography. My wonderful husband who knows how much I love pictures got me a digital Rebel for Christmas. This camera has way more ability to adjust than any camera I've ever owned. I've done a few things experimenting with some settings, but I'd really love to learn how to use it to its full capability. Hopefully my dad will be able to teach me a few [more] things about photography when he comes back. One of the things I've been trying my hand at is macro photography. Here are some pictures I've taken in the last couple days of the flowers in our yard.
Flowers


The daisies on the left are some of the ones Jay and Zach picked out. Aren't they beautiful?!
5 comments:
I already saw your pictures in your April album--the flowers really are beautiful. Now, what is 'macro photography'?
Macro photography is taking pictures of smaller things(flower size things, usually) close up.
Those pictures are beautiful! Wow! You'll have to give me some tips!
I finally found your site! Love it! The pictures are gorgeous, and I love the Photoshop post, too!
Wow.. NICE job!
Post a Comment