Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lily says "gah"

So I know everyone who reads my blog is just dying to know about Lily's first smiles and mutterings- No? That's just me and my mom? Okay, but I'm writing about it anyway because this is my blog and I want to.
Lily has been making the cutest little "gah" and this throat-y "aaah." I love it! It is especially heartwarming when it's accompanied by a big smile. It's like she is saying, "I love you, mommy!"
Who can resist a baby smile? It just lights me up inside. I thought Lily was smiling at me the day before my mom left(she would have been 1 day shy of 4 weeks), but since everything I read said she was too young for real smiles I doubted myself. Now I'm 100% sure that she is smiling because she wants to. It's adorable. Unfortunately I have yet to get a good picture of the smile, but I'm sure I will have plenty of chances to get pictures of my smiley girl.
That's all. I just wanted to post a little blurb to remind myself of the way I felt when Lily first smiled. I didn't start blogging until Ryan was past many of his firsts. I wish I had so I would have the reminders of things I thought would be burned into my memory forever. It's amazing what you forget. I remember being in complete awe of this baby boy and how amazing I thought he was, but I don't remember when he had some of his firsts. Though I guess in the long run it doesn't matter how old he was when he first smiled or giggled. What matters is that his life is full of smiles and laughter.
Oops...I guess I wasn't done after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you manage to write *exactly* how I feel -- baby smiles light up my insides, too. I was pretty sure she was smiling at me before I left, I don't care what the books say. She was also smiling when she heard your voice, and reacting positively to Jay's. She very aware of her world, that's for sure. I hope all your lives are always full of smiles and laughter.

Mari said...

Precious...I was always amazed at the addictive nature of baby smiles. Once Matt and Maddie started smiling, I would be at their beck and call to get another smile.

Good idea to capture this moment.