Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Don't get your hopes up...

Maybe I should have heeded that advice. Zach is home with a white, non-waterproof cast. I guess we'll use a green marker. Apparently even waterproof(Fiberglas) casts have padding that would get wet and be really hard to dry. The good news is he will probably only have to wear the cast for 3 or 4 weeks.

6 comments:

Erin said...

ohhh no. :(

RB said...

Bless his heart! I hate that! Go ahead and fine some sort of thing long stick that you can scratch his arm with. Poor kiddo. I guess it is a part of growing up, but I am so glad I skipped that rite of passage

Katie said...

That's too bad. I had a green-colored fiberglass cast when I broke my leg at age 16. I wore it in the pool. Too bad they couldn't give one to Zach. It would have been harder for a kid to maintain it I guess.

Anonymous said...

I hope Zach isn't too disappointed at the white cast; and you're not too disappointed that it isn't waterproof.

How'd they do at the doctor's? How are they feeling?

Erin said...

Oh, not waterproof. That's too bad. I hope Zach does only have to wear it for 3 or 4 weeks. And I hope he is feeling okay.

Heidi said...

Aww poor guy, I'm surprised that they wouldn't give him a colored one, if they didn't have green at least something other than the plain white. Hope that he heals quickly and it is able to come off soon!