Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 02, 2006

Lily is 3 Months Old!

More to follow. I have to go help the boy with something that is "not connected." I'm not sure what he is talking about, but he seems concerned.

Update: Ryan was talking about a baby gate we had up temporally. I'm not sure why he was worried about it.

As you can probably guess the 3 month pictures got a little sidetracked because of Zach's arm. I did manage to get some, but not until like 7:30PM. That is not Lily's best time, so there are no smiling ones. I might try to get some good ones today to sub-in. I've decided to use a "month-day chair" like Erin, but mine is a little different. I have a 2 month picture in it, but not a one month picture because we didn't have the chair then. I think it will really highlight how much she has grown if I can manage it. I tried this with Ryan too, but after a few months he really didn't want to sit it the same place long enough for a picture. That is part of the reason I'm using the kiddie chair this time.

ANYWAY, back to the real purpose for this entry...

Lily at 3 Months
She is amazing. She is sweet and lovable. Adorable beyond reason. She is so social. Always cooing or smiling at anyone who catches her eye. She has lots of things to say. It's impossible not to compare my experience with Ryan to my experience with her, but I will try not to do that in her updates. She sure does love her big brother, Ryan though. She just has to see his face and she smiles this great big wonderful smile full of joy. It's still so cute to watch them together. For some reason Lily does not like riding in the car. at. all. While she is wailing away Ryan is telling her in his 'Lily voice', "It's okay. Mommy is right there." or "It's okay, sweet girl, we are going to be home soon." Sometimes it helps. Lily will watch Ryan play intently for long stretches with this open mouthed look of wonder on her face. She likes everyone else too, there is just something very special about her relationship with Ryan. Maybe it is because they are together all day when the house is quieter and there are not so many things going on. It's really wonderful as a mother to see that your kids love each other though.
Lily is doing things now! She is batting at the toys that hang over her from the car seat or play chairs. Not only that, but she is now grabbing them and holding on. She started a couple weeks ago catching the stuffed toys between her hands. Now she will grab the toys one handed and push or pull them around. I think she also realizes that when she kicks her feet on the bouncy seat it makes the lights and music go on. She can roll on her side and back to her back at will. Jay saw her roll up on her side then roll on to her tummy on vacation last Sunday, but I have not seen her truly do that. You spend 99.9% of their lives with them and they do the new stuff when you are not there. Go figure! I have seen her roll to her tummy when she is on our bed and she has my little indentation to roll into. She has great control of her head and seems to be developing control of more of her body. People keep commenting on how alert she is. They often think she is older because she is so alert. I'm not really sure why because to me she is just Lily, my wonderful little 3 month old baby :-)




She loves munching that fist.


I take it back, here is a smile. It's just hidden by her hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eagerly hoping to learn what 'wasn't connected.'

Anonymous said...

Oh, and HAPPY THREE MONTHS, Lily!Love you, Sweet Girl.

Erin said...

She is getting so big! And beautiful, too, of course. :)

Heidi said...

Such sweet pictures, what a beautiful girl!