Is it just me or is December the busiest month of the year? This past weekend we spent the day at my grandma and grandpa's(aka mom-mom and pop-pop) house for Cookie Day. It was a really good cookie day. The best in recent years I think. Ryan and Zach had fun decorating the cookies. When they were done they played with the other kids. My cousins' children are old enough to play now. Lily was so good. She managed to use the rocking chair to climb up on the couch by herself. You should have seen the look on her face when she made it. She was so proud of herself. Climbing the stairs is old hat now. She needed a new challenge. I'm thinking she will be a dare devil like her big brother. She managed to charm everyone with her huge grin and cheery disposition. Ryan impressed a few people by figuring out the first letters of words. I don't think too many people were around while he was doing it though. I got more than a few comments on how good they were. After Zach was done decorating cookies he spent most of the rest of the time playing video games and some time playing with the 10 year old daughter of my uncle's girlfriend. Jay and I managed to have adult conversations and even spent some time together! Since we were there from 11-8:30ish it was a pretty long day. I think it wore down Ryan's immune system because he started the day with a slight cough and a runny nose and ended it with a fever and hacking up a lung. We medicated him before bed and tried to come up with a plan if he was too sick for church.
Lily needs me...to be continued.



No comments:
Post a Comment