Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My Thoughts in Bullets

*I really have a hard time believing Christmas is less than a week away. I'm totally not ready.

*I really wish my kids would sleep through the night. Lily still wakes up at least 2 or 3 times a night and Ryan has been waking up crying lately too. This is not an invitation for everyone to tell me what book they read to help them get their kids to sleep. I can't do most of those because Lily shares a room with Ryan and they go to bed around the same time. Besides I don't have time to read a book and I'm too tired!

*Kwaanza- What's that about? I could write a whole post about my distaste for it being taught in every cartoon show with Christmas and Hanukkah. But, ACLU God forbid they even mention Christmas and exclude Kwanza even though the holiday itself is exclusionary. It kind of reminds me of how people bash other people with opinions as being closed minded because they don't agree with their opinion that no one should have an opinion.
**edited to add- I decided to educate myself instead of just going on what I've heard. After reading the Wikipedia article on Kwan*zaa or Kwaanza I think it's even more BS than I did before. No wonder only 1.6% of Americans celebrate it and NO OTHER COUNTRY does.**

* I find it curious that both Ryan and Lily got sick and terribly cranky right after they got the flu shot and no one else in the family is sick at all. Lily is still sick. Go ahead and roll your eyes all you flu shot advocates...I'm thinking of not getting them the second shot.

*I was supposed to get my very hard to find special sized envelopes for my Christmas cards yesterday. Of course since I am already running late they didn't come. Note to self- Next time you design your own card check out envelope sizes first to be sure you can get them. Envelopes seem to come in all kinds of sizes for companies that make cards, but try to find boxes of odd size envelopes- HA!

*I saw a commercial for salsa yesterday. They advertised salsa AND con queso. In case you didn't take Spanish salsa CON queso means salsa WITH cheese. You would think there would be some kind of check that a national commercial didn't sound stupid.

*I've e-mailed and called(twice) the preschool I want to look at for Ryan starting two weeks ago and still have not heard anything. It's the school I've found most recommended by parents who had kids there. I'm thinking of not sending him to preschool. Maybe this is a sign. The only reason I really want him to go is so he doesn't have to go from no school at all to full day kindergarten.

*I didn't realize how annoyed and confrontational I was feeling until I got a few bullet points in to this post. Hmm...perhaps not a good day to be getting ready for Christmas.

*I wrapped most of the kids gifts this weekend and finally made a list on paper of each one for each kid. Here is what I discovered...Trying to be fair is much easier when you only have two kids to keep tabs on. Ryan is SUPER easy to shop for. He has opinions and loves certain things. I love that about him. I had to restrain myself from buying more for him and he still ended up with the most stuff(though it worked out with Zach's stuff because his is more expensive). Lily was left in the dust. Poor girl. I guess because I got lots of the stuff for Ryan that I would want for her too and it's still in good shape. Now I have to go out and get a few more presents for her.

*IPods really are cool.

edited to note:
*Blogger spell check sucks! It doesn't even include Blogger or blog! It also keep poping up
behind my current window so I have to go find it.

*I called the preschool again and said that I have called 3 times and would like a call back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, you don't need to worry too much about fairness to Lily this year. She has NO clue about presents or numbers. You don't need to make it 'even' in gifts as long as she gets her share of love and attention.

Periwinkle Jen said...

She only has 3.

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I already have a plan for next Christmas to not get Baby Too much of anything... (why would I?!?!) Maybe a few new chewy toys so at least THOSE aren't hand me downs...

Anonymous said...

We'ell, maybe you want her to have more than three.... :)

One Tweet Thing said...

hehehe

I only laugh because I can easily see in the energyball that is Christmas with 2 excited boys, that you'll forget to even open those three gifts till AFTER all the rest of the present giving is done.

Hope you wake up tomorrow with a more Christmas type of mood!