My little Ramone(he runs the paint shop in Cars) decided the walls around his Cars decorations needed some highlighting and accents. Since there was no spray paint around he resorted to coloring with crayons. I tried in vain to get the wall clean with soap and warm water. I didn't have any WD-40 sitting around and I'm not sure how I would feel about those fumes in my kid's room, so Crayola Cleaning Tips wasn't any help this time. Mid-scrub it struck me that crayons are made from wax. Wax melts! So I busted out the hair dryer. Low and behold the red streaks I had barely made a dent in with my scrubbing sponge [after quite a bit of trying] came off with ease right before my eyes!
Here is what I did...
1)Hold hair dryer set on high over a section of colored wall for 5 seconds.
2)Wipe immediately with back side of a damp sponge(that possibly had some dish washing liquid remaining).
Yep, that easy.



5 comments:
Wow! Good tip! You should send it to Crayola! I was going to say the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser would probably work too... but I think the hairdryer sounds way more efficient!
I bought one of those, but I never think to use it. Doh!
Well, aren't you hot stuff...
Smart girl. Wonder where she getrs that?
What a smarty you are. I'll try to remember that if it should happen to us. If I can stop screaming, that is.
Smart thinkin'!
Post a Comment