Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Sled

It snowed Tuesday and it was supposed to turn to a mixed mess that night, so I decided to give Ryan part of his Valentines Day present early. It was a sled. When I gave it to him he was so excited. He shouted, "Wow! A sled!" He ran around the dining room table saying, "I can't wait to go sledding!" [repeat 20 times] I asked if he wanted to go sledding now. The whole house practically echoed with his giddy laughter. He shot out of the room like a rocket. This is not unusual, so I just started blowing up the sled. It's one of those snow tube things. Before I had 1/4 of it blown up he reappeared with his socks, shoes and mittens on saying, "I'm ready to go sledding." After I finished blowing up the sled(my cheeks may never be the same) I helped him get his snow pants and coat on. He put on his hat and was out the door. He had to share with Zach because we couldn't find Zach's sled in the garage. When I told him that he was fine with it. He even told Zach he was going to share with him. He talked about the sharing a lot before he went outside. After about 5 trips down the hill he actually let Zach have a turn. Hey, you can't blame a 3 year old for wanting to use his brand new sled a few times before giving it up, right? After a few single trips I suggested that they could ride together and that's pretty much how they spent the rest of their time. They had so much fun. I watched through the sliding glass door because Lily takes after me, she does not like to be cold. They were laughing and enjoying each other. It was great. I even got some video. I stuck my arm through a crack in the door so I could stay with Lily. It worked rather nicely once I put a glove on. If I ever get my video camera to play nicely with my computer I'll post some of the video.

See how happy he looks?!

2 comments:

Joan S. said...

He *does* look happy. How nice that he and his brother found something to do together on a snow day.

One Tweet Thing said...

looks like lots of fun! I remember going inner-tube sledding in your town with my cousins when I was little...we have pictures showing Keith almost too little to get through the snow (it was maybe 2 ft)