Monday, February 12, 2007
Yummy
Anyone who has been to our house for more than about 5 minutes probably knows one of Jay's favorite games to play with the kids involves chasing and "biting" the kids. The kids love every minute of it. They run, laughing, through the house until he catches them and mouths their little tummies, arms, legs or whatever he feels like at the moment. They laugh and when they get away they run to a "hiding place" and call for him to come get them. Jay told Ryan the other day that he bought a "new Ryan" while he was at work so he could chomp him. Ryan, with furrowed brow, very seriously replied, "No, Daddy. You should chomp the old Ryan." Ryan has always taken his fun seriously. Since Ryan wants to be just like Daddy of course he has started "biting" people too. Really only me and Jay, sometimes Lily. It's pretty funny when he does it. He tells you he is going to bite you, makes a big dramatic chomping noise and takes a big "bite" with his lips. It usually tickles and he loves when you laugh or yelp. Lily has just recently gotten old enough to play the bite game. She laughs and giggles just as much s the boys when daddy picks her up and "bites" her. Recently she has started "eating" Jay too. This is how I know she actually gets the game. She doesn't put her mouth on Jay the way he does with the kids. She takes her hand and pretends to grab a handful of Jay and then brings her hand to her mouth and pretends to eat it. It's just the way she eats food. So cute. I'm going to try to get video of it if I can, but she does it at random times; whenever she's in the mood I guess. It is really cool to realize your baby is able to use her imagination.



2 comments:
Awww. So sweet. "chomp the old Ryan." What did he want Daddy to do with the 'new Ryan'?
And Lily! Using her imagination already. That is SO COOL.
I'm glad I knew about this before my next visit. If someone announces they are going to bite me, I don't usually sit there waiting for teeth to contact skin!
awwwwwwww
Post a Comment